- 1 cup gram flour/besan
- 2 medium size tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1 medium size onion, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ¼ or ½ cup coriander/cilantro leaves, chopped
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- Pinch of asafoetida (optional)
- Pinch of garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (optional)
- 1½ to 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
- Oil, for cooking the omelet
Mix all the ingredients together, except the oil, to make a medium-consistency batter.
Heat a tava or a flat pan, smear 1 teaspoon of oil on it, and with a large spoon, pour the batter on the pan.
Add some oil drops on the edges and top of the omelet, and flip to cook the other side.
Cook the tomato omelet till both sides are cooked, and serve with bread or buns and some coriander chutney or tomato sauce.
Recipe courtesy of: