- ½ cup unroasted rava/suji/fine semolina
- ½ cup rice flour
- ¼ cup maida/all-purpose flour
- 1 green chili, chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece of ginger, finely chopped
- 8 to 9 curry leaves, chopped
- 1 to 2 tablespoons chopped coriander leaves
- ½ teaspoon crushed black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1½ to 2 cups water or as required
- Salt to taste
- Oil for frying the dosa
Mix all the ingredients above except oil, and keep aside for 30–40 minutes.
Heat the tava or non-stick pan, and spread 1 or 2 teaspoons of oil. If using a non-stick pan then no need to spread oil.
With a ladle pour the batter from the edges toward the center. Sprinkle ½ or 1 teaspoon of oil from the top until the base becomes golden or crisp.
Flip and cook the other side, and when both the sides are cooked, remove the dosa from the pan.
Prepare all the dosas this way, and serve the rava dosa hot with coconut chutney.
Recipe courtesy of: