- 7 to 8 cauliflower florets/gobi, grated, minced, or finely chopped
- 7 to 8 french beans, finely chopped
- 7 to 8 mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized carrot/gajar, grated, minced, or chopped
- ½ cup green peas/matar, boiled
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes/tamatar, finely chopped
- 1 medium-sized onion/pyaaz, finely chopped
- 1 green chili/hari mirch, finely chopped
- ½ inch piece of ginger/adrak and 2 to 3 garlic cloves/lahsun, finely crushed in a mortar and pestle or made into a paste
- 1 black cardamom pod/badi elaichi
- 1-inch cinnamon stick/dal chini
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder/dhania powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder/haldi
- ½ teaspoon garam masala powder
- ½ teaspoon red chili powder/lal mirch powder
- 1 to 2 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 2 cups water
- Salt to taste
Heat oil in a pan, then add garam masala spices, black cardamom, and cinnamon. Add chopped onion. Fry till light brown. Add the ginger-garlic paste. Then add tomatoes and all the spice powders. Fry the whole mixture till the oil separates.
Add all the veggies except boiled green peas. Add water and salt. Cover until all veggies are cooked well. The mixture should become dry with no moisture.
Now add the green peas and stir. Serve veg kheema hot, garnished with coriander leaves with some rotis, phulkas, or bread.
Recipe courtesy of: