- 2 medium-sized potatoes
- ½ teaspoon roasted cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala powder
- ¼ or ½ teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dry mango powder
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- Rock salt or sendha namak to taste
- Water for boiling the potatoes
- A few coriander or mint leaves for garnishing the potatoes
- Oil for frying
Parboil the potatoes in a pressure cooker or pan in water to which some rock salt has been added. Once the potatoes become warm or cool, peel the skin and dice them.
Shallow fry, deep fry, or pan fry the diced potatoes. Drain on paper napkins, then place the fried potatoes in a bowl and add all the spice powders and salt to the potatoes. Toss well.
Sprinkle some lemon juice on the potatoes and garnish aloo chaat with coriander leaves, mint leaves, or both and serve aloo chaat hot or warm.
Recipe courtesy of: